Introduction to your Interactive Whiteboard
This introductory course is aimed at schools interested in equipping teachers with the skills required to effectively use interactive whiteboards in the classroom.
|Target Audience||All primary teachers who have an interactive whiteboard in their classroom.|
|Prerequisites||The course is designed to be delivered within a school, using the school’s own interactive whiteboards.*|
The course enables teachers to:
- become familiar with the main features of their interactive whiteboard
- create a digital resource to support literacy or numeracy using their interactive whiteboard
- become familiar with online resources suitable for use with their interactive whiteboard
The course relates to the following areas of the NCCA ICT Framework:
- Area C – Creating, communicating and collaborating
- Area F – Foundational knowledge, skills and concepts
There are three modules in this course, which are:
Getting to know your interactive whiteboard.
Creating a teaching and learning resource with your interactive whiteboard
Finding and using online resources for your interactive whiteboard
* Please note a minimum of 10 teachers is required to run this course. Schools may cluster to meet this minimum requirement. For more information regarding whole school training, please contact your local Education Centre.